Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Evil One's Wife

The night was calm. There were the low, quiet whirring of the fan, and the continuous drone of the TV. At my laptop, I was relaxed and content to be spending the evening so casually. Yes, casual and uneventful the evening was - until at one point, something showing on TV caught my attention. I turned towards the TV and back-faced my laptop for quite a while.

"Hey, look!"

Before I actually turned back, I could see, out of the corner of my eye, a searing glare from the most menacing creature. Its strong, evil aura, thick and enveloping sent tingles down my spine. Once I was face-to-face with her - for it was a she - and fully perceived her horrifying countenance and being, I did not wonder at the hairs on the back of my neck standing up.

Upon my laptop she stood, with the most cruel smile upon her emaciated face. She had a mass of red hair, a billowing cloak which hung about her shoulders, and glowing red eyes that pierced right into mine. Her evident vicious ferocity sent chills into my heart.


There on my laptop she stood still, maintaining her intense stare upon me. I sat, frozen, and marvelling at how one so tiny could reek of as much wickedness as she did. I'd wanted to resume the use of my laptop, but she stood firm, unwilling to relinquish her hold of it.


Staff directed towards me, she seemed to warn me to stay away, that what was mine was now hers, and I wasn't to attempt to regain it. All the time throughout, her son sat on one side, a cynical smirk on his face, as if daring me to defy his mother.


"Who is that?"
"The Evil One's Wife."


The Evil One, pictured here atop the tower, whose Dragon is attacking the King's castle.

No comments: