Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Lingering Smile

It was one of the conversations that you'd simply love to have - delightful, cheery, filled with laughter - and the smile I wore towards the end of it wore on a while longer after it had ended. As I continued walking in that mall, I noticed others looking at me, some more obviously than the others, with the what's-with-her expression on their faces. I know how I must had looked - walking alone, looking at nothing and nowhere in particular, a smile on my face. That smile which had lingered on, from having shared happy moments in conversation, having laughed and having had someone to laugh with.

The next time I happen to see someone smiling alone, apparently at nothing, and for no reason, I'll think about the wonderful moments that must had been, to put that lingering smile in place.

No comments: