Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Gift of Song

Some readers may remember my desperate plea for ideas on possible songs someone and I could sing for someone's wedding. Well, we made our choice!

Yesterday, someone asked me what it was.

"When You Tell Me That You Love Me," I answered.

"Diana Ross?" someone else asked, clearly impressed. "You can sing Diana Ross?"

"Yup," I said, "I can sing Sarah Brightman too. Whether I do it well or not is an entirely different matter." The statement is true; disclaimer even more so.

He didn't stop to consider what I really meant. He went on, "So, can you do a Celine Dion?"

"Yup, but again - whether I sound good or not is a different matter."

He still seemed impressed. He told me to make sure someone takes a video of the singing so he could watch it afterwards.

I can sing doesn't mean I can sing well. Either he's deliberately being pleasing and agreeable, or he's just plain cute :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you sure have a string of die hard follower nee lee
-->shell shell