It's nice to write in a diary because
1. I get to use all the cute, multi-colored pens, and to use a different color for every subsequent entry ;) (I have a weak spot for cute stationery!)
2. I get to write on paper with printed background pictures, in soft, sickly-sweet hues. Extra-indulging diaries even have the pages scented, for extra writing enjoyment!
3. Free-hand sketches, anytime!
4. I can carry the diary around with me, anytime, anywhere - no broadband / high-speed internet connection necessary
5. No restrictions on pouring out my deepest, darkest secrets, my most evil thoughts and comments on people I don't like, and simply, whatever I please!
It's nice to write on a blog because
1. I can do it at work, so long as I have a few minutes to spare, and my boss is not looking (well, my boss is almost always not looking at me anyway *winks*)
2. Whenever I make a spelling error I wouldn't be caught dead making, I can press 'Backspace', so that there is absolutely NO TRACE of me having made the mistake!
3. I get to post photos along with entries!
4. Fingers don't tire so much typing, as compared to writing with a pen!
5. I get to share a piece of myself with family and friends, even those who are physically distanced from me. :)
Mostly, it's nice to write because I love to write. That's all.
Qualitative Research question for the day: Can writing be a form of therapy?