Thursday, August 25, 2011

"Busy"

There are lecture slides to prepare, tutorial questions to set, classes to conduct. There are students to entertain, databases to update and manipulate, talks and training to attend. And it's been less than a week since I got my hands on that much needed software, so I really hadn't much time to get any work done.

That's the truth, but not entirely - I found time to go for climbing and yoga, watch videos on YouTube, learned the next part of a song I've been learning forever on the guitar, and here I am, blogging. Honestly, I don't feel guilty that I haven't spent the weeknights and weekend getting my assigned task done, but I do feel guilty that I don't feel guilty. Does that make sense?

I don't want to tell her I'm "busy" with excuse excuse excuse, therefore I don't have any updates for her. Time is what we make, and being busy is how we find time for the things we need get done. She is way busier and she took the time and effort to check on me. I feel humbled and well... some guilt (for not feeling guilty about being a slacker, of course). I don't want to promise her that I will have something for her by the end of the month. It may turn out to be one I have to break.

So, I promised her my best effort for the next week. That I can fulfill, but first, I have to stop writing now =D

2 comments:

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

uh...feeling guilty about not feeling guilty is better than feeling guilty over all the little things that you probably really shouldn't feel guilty about!! :)

no stress...no pressure...

neil said...

Thanks for your kind, comforting words, Laura! You made my day =)