Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Forty Sets of Sun Salutation

What's running in my mind -

At the beginning:
Right, here we go, I wonder how many we'll be doing...

Completed 5 sets:
Can it be six? Can it be eight? I wish... although, going at this pace, it really doesn't look like it's gonna be this few...

Completed 15 sets:
What? Did she just say "Keep going, do not stop"? Man, we are going for 20 sets aren't we? I'm tired, I'm bored, I'm tired, I'm bored...

Completed 20 sets:
OK, it's gotta be 25. My arms are killing me and I'm starting to go out of breath, but I can make it to 25. Keep going, keep going...

Completed 25 sets:
We are still keeping it going?! GOSH! She's going to make us do 50 sets! Fifty!!! *ARGHHH* I'm so exhausted! I can't make it to 50, I just can't! My arms are wobbly, my almost-completely-healed wrist is starting to hurt, I can't catch my breath, sweat is trickling down my forehead into my eyes and turning into tears.....

Completed 35 sets:
Hmmm, after this I really should get a hot chocolate. Maybe some noodles tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to have that bun I absentmindedly left in office. I hope no ants will get to it... oh, but I still have some gingerbread. So, maybe one of them for breakfast and the other for afternoon tea? And that email... I must remember to attend to it first thing in the morning.....

Completed 40 sets:
What? We're done? Did she just say we're done? Oh wow! I'm dizzy, my vision is blurry and I can't really stand anymore... but wow, forty sets! I just completed forty sets of Surya Namaskar! What a great feeling! I wonder how many calories I'd burned there. I'm so gonna blog about this! Yippeee!

Note:
When practicing yoga, one should, as much as possible, rid one's mind of all irrelevant thoughts and focus on the breathing and the poses alone.

Yea, I'm not there yet =P

2 comments:

CHER-RY said...

u were perpetually thinking about FOOD
-_-"

neil said...

Hahah! I'm always thinking of food when I'm working out... that's why never lose weight!