Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Dear Spider

At the end of a particularly long, nauseating day at work, the last thing I want is to be alarmed. I don't want to jump and squeal for five minutes while you gleefully scurried and hopped from my bedside drawer to my desk, back to the drawer, onto the rug on the floor, back to the drawer again, onto the desk again, onto my Amy Tan book...

I will not object if you say, in your defense, that it were my screams that alarmed you into behaving in the wild erratic way you did. My apologies if that were true.

My further apologies for entrapping you in the rug while you were there for the nth time, dashing out of the the room with the bundled rug then shaking you out onto the stairs landing. I hope you were not too shaken.

Hey, I was scared silly too, OK? Stop complaining.

Good night, sleep tight... but go sleep somewhere else, please!

No comments: