Saturday, April 18, 2009

Oops

Traffic was a little slow along the lane I was driving, and I was looking for an opportunity to switch to the fast lane. From the corner of my eye, I thought I saw her lift her water bottle to her lips. It just didn't occur to me she'd still be drinking when I spotted a gap in the torrent of cars on my right, and stepped on the accelerator to take advantage of it. The car went forward with a considerable jerk and I was in the fast lane. From the corner of my eyes, once more, I thought I could see someone's searing stare.

I turned, and there on Mee Mee's face, was a look all at once incredulous, bewildered, and infuriated. It took me several seconds to realize that the sudden, forward movement had caused water to splash onto her face, up her nostrils and down the front of her shirt. I felt all the guilt I ought to feel - but that look on her face - I simply couldn't stop laughing! Admist abdominal-cramping laughs that tickled tears out of my eyes, I must've said I was sorry 10 times or so.

I am sorry, Mee Mee, I truly am, though I still find it funny - I am laughing right now as I recall that look on your face. Like I said just now, you can splash water back on me tomorrow after our last show.

:P

20th April edit:
The day after the above described incident, it was Mee Mee's turn to drive. As we passed the same stretch of road, at the almost exact same spot the incident happened, she turned to me and said "OK, you can drink water NOW"

I did, and she did - though perhaps not seriously enough - step on it while I did, but it didn't result in any splashing. Then she said "You don't have to wait for me to accelerate to make the water splash out. You can just splash it all over yourself by yourself! Hmmmph!"

Hee hee heeeee. Next time lar :P

15 comments:

Jia Xing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jia Xing said...

Wow, I didn't know you're in an orchestra.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you deleted people's comment.

Jia Xing said...

Wow, I was the one who deleted my own comment, cause I posted the wrong comment here.

CHER-RY said...

Wow...so many "wow(s)"

Anonymous said...

wow you guys are wrong, she's not in the orchestra.

neil said...

Wow...

Odin Cards said...

Wow Mee Mee must have been mad!
And wow, I can try this on my friends...

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is the wow pages

Anonymous said...

Wow, and she did not 'kena' (get) you, oooh that is not nice

Anonymous said...

wow, she did try, i guess

Anonymous said...

ahem-ed? remind me not to drink while you drive ... you sound dangerous ...

Ian Tan said...

ahem-ed? remind me not to drink while you drive ... you sound dangerous ...

Anonymous said...

wei... wei... lemme say that the author requested for the water to be splashed into her herself and had induced me to try to do that.

MeeMee

neil said...

Helloooo...! I DID NOT request to have water splashed onto myself; I OFFERED to let you splash water onto me (to compensate you for what happened) :P