Monday, July 4, 2005

A New Little 'Un

This is definitely a post on something of a lighter note. I have just visited the 2-week-old of my friends', whom my best-friend had announced over her blog. I first saw him on the day of his birth, and I must say, 2 weeks' milk-and-sleep (with occasional crying) does quite a lot for a newborn. He looked a teeny bit bigger, much much rosier, and definitely more active! And oh, he's got a name now. :P

We brought him a little something, as is customary, to welcome new babies. His mother looks considerably better and stronger too, which was comforting to some of my other friends who have not experienced childbirth. (A friend, who is still single, asked over and over "Was it very painful???") We took turns holding the little 'un. When it was mine, I just stared at him as he opened and closed his eyes, puckered his lips and made funny faces for a few minutes. Tooooo cute. And then - (surprise!) he relieved himself all over my jeans. (OK - no surprise probably) Of course I wasn't put off or anything - it's not like I've never had baby pee on me ever before. :D

It's been so long since I held a newborn. The baby in my arms felt extremely warm and comforting. Emotionally, especially. Well, nothing like a new, innocent life to remind us that this world is not all that bad, despite terrible things that happen out there, every day.

So here, I'd like to formally congratulate the new mommy and daddy on the arrival of the bundle of joy, and I'd like to thank the baby for his personal gift to me too. ;)

No comments: