Monday, February 26, 2007

Frankly My Dear...

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."

Please don't say you've never heard of the above. Please don't say it doesn't even ring a bell! It is such a classic that I am shocked, aghast, utterly incredulous, when I found out that nobody in my class remotely know it. And have they heard of Scarlett O'Hara? Nope. Rhett Butler? Definitely not.

Some weeks ago, someone in my class asked me what the Fibonacci Sequence is all about. I wouldn't raise half a brow at that question, if the famous Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was never published (or if it hadn't been half as a hit as it is...). But given all the hype following the book and the movie, and the mention of the said sequence in them, I just had to be speechless for 15 seconds. And upon questioning, I found out only 1 person in the whole class had actually read the book.

"I can resist anything but temptation" (If you've never heard of the first one, lagi you wouldn't have heard of this...)

Boys and girls, read more, ok?

No comments: