It was late and we had just finished yoga class. We were inside the car, getting ready to go home. A man was walking past in front of us, at the corridor of the shoplot, carrying a huge umbrella. The umbrella was opened and he had it over his shoulder. The corridor was spacious, except where there were pillars, creating a narrower pass between them and the wall. As he went through one of these, which were indeed too narrow for his large, opened umbrella, the man got jerked back by his umbrella which couldn't pass through. Following that, he attempted to take another step forward and jerked back again because his umbrella still couldn't get through. And he was clueless. It was like a scene from a Disney cartoon. We looked at one another and at him again and laughed! "He must be drunk!"
And we drove off. There was a taxi on the road, moving extremely slowly, uncertainly and we were right behind it. "I've never seen a taxi go so slowly before!" and a millisecond later, the front wheel on the driver side hit and went up the raised divider in the middle of the road, followed by the rest of the wheels, until the whole vehicle tumbled onto the other side. And the driver still drove on, at the same crawling pace - in the direction opposite to traffic! "This one must be drunk also..." Was it a let's-all-get-drunk night?
Reasons Why Alcohol Should Be Served At Work...
1. It's an incentive to show up.
2. It leads to more honest communications.
3. It reduces complaints about low pay.
4. It eliminates vacations because people would rather come to work.
5. It makes fellow employees look better.
6. It makes the cafeteria food taste better.
7. Bosses are more likely to hand out raises when they are wasted.
8. Employees work later since there's no longer a need to relax at the bar.
9. It makes everyone more open with their ideas.
10. Sitting "Bare ass" on the copy machine will no longer be seen as gross.
Cheers! It's past noon on a Wednesday and the work week is half gone :)