Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Thought

We all want to be loved and admired - and be remembered and missed, when we're no longer around. I do, at least, even if you do not. To gain that sort of recognition and admiration, you need to be great at what you do, to surpass your peers and to stand out. You need to push yourself to a level above the rest and be absolutely excellent.

But then, if you are so good, and out of reach of the intellectual ability of the general population, who would be left to acknowledge your talents? Who would be able to appreciate you for what you could do, if they are unable to comprehend the true worth of the work? Such then, who would be left to love and admire you, and to remember and miss you when you're no longer around?

I take a lot of pride in my uniqueness and talent(s) but would I be loved and admired for who I am, for the qualities I possess, and not for what they could get out of me? I hardly think so. This is fairytale wishful thinking. All those childhood readings must've gotten hardwired into me. I need to stop being idealistic and wake up! This is a cold, hard, cruel world. Deal with it!

I need to love myself. I need to be narcissistic.

1 comment:

CHER-RY said...

YESSSS!! Narcissist like me!!!
*continue to look at the mirror*