Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Big Drop of Spectacles

Methought I'd never live to experience this:-

Me: It will look good on your resume.
Him: What is resume?

Dear boy, it is not that I minded defining resume for you - it would even be my pleasure to teach you how to write tolerably presentable one - but that I needed to explain what it is!

Just when I thought I'd seen everything the academic career has to show, it shows me something new! Just as I thought I'd heard all excuses, there comes a new one; just as I thought I'd seen all sorts of pleading notes on exam scripts, someone composes a revolutionary one; just as I thought I'd run out of stuff to write about this job, something happens that makes good writing topic! The more I know about teaching, the more I am aware that I know too little.

Have a nice day!

No comments: