Monday, January 31, 2011

Sick

It started several days ago. The day before I really fell ill, I was joking with a friend and colleague about "going to be sick tomorrow", so could I not attend the meeting he was calling... and well, what have we here?

*Gah*

I really dislike upper respiratory tract infections because they meddle with my voice and I really can't stand to lose it. For a while now I have made it a point to keep away from the coughing and sniffling, and I can't recall if I had encountered any germs-dispensing individuals recently. It usually is nearly impossible to pinpoint where one has gotten one's infection from, and I wouldn't have guessed had not someone paid me a visit no more than two hours ago.

He very kindly drove all the way here to give me a CNY gift (thank you!) and some overdue documents (thank you again!), and very kindly asked if I was well. I wasn't well, I told him. What sort, he asked. The usual, I said, pointing to my throat.

"Oh! I was down with a very bad sore throat last couple of weeks!"

Did he say last couple of weeks? Was it when I went for training, sat right next to him during dinner, and rode in his fancy car all the way home after? And wasn't that exactly 7 days prior to the first day of this misery I'm now suffering? So it was him! (Right, it might not be, but I'm gonna pin it on him anyway...)

*Grrr*

He covered his nose and mouth with his hand, backed off, wished me good night and hurried away. Si-Heng, I've been coughing so much I think my throat ought to be numb! (but no, it still hurts...)

=(

No comments: