Tuesday, May 3, 2005

Stop and Feel ~ then Think!

Work, work and more work! All we do is work! Wasn't there someone I wanted to call but forgot? Wasn't there messages to reply but... "later". Isn't there something more to our lives than work, earn more money, get more of your boss's attention, climb higher on the corporate ladder, stab more of people's backs (oops - this is limited to a specific group only)? Work is all I had been thinking of for the past several days - new semester, masters thesis, terrible timetable - wait; what is this thing I have just overlooked?
It is a feeling. My best buddy and I had known each other for 14 years at least. Once, she told me - we know each other so inside-out, that we can practically read each other's minds. Probably - the feeling. Two short conversations with her and I had ignored the feeling gnawing at my heart. It struck me just NOW - my best buddy is unhappy! Something is bothering her. She is not how she usually is! But why?
OK now, it may be all my psychological misinterpretation, but the gut feeling is still there. Perhaps there is something I could have done, perhaps there is none. Think. And think again.

Oh, this is my best buddy and me. Of course, we don't always look like this. Sometimes we look better.

No comments: